Healthcare Industry Solutions
With over 20 years of experiences in managing the supply chain of the Healthcare & Bio-Science industry in Asia Pacific.
The main task of Healthcare & Pharmaceutical providers is the improvement of patients’ state of health, either direct diagnosis & treatment or via drug discovery. The provision of medical treatment and patient care – core processes of major Healthcare & Pharmaceutical firms, creates demand for patient-related supporting services. These secondary processes can be medical or non-medical nature.
Supply Chain & Logistics, from basic raw, unprocessed materials to nice-packed consumables to patient at bed, falls under non-medical nature yet it plays a vital role as there is always a need to improve delivery process of healthcare products & services to patients. At the same time, there is a constant demand to study advance methods of reducing operation costs, which leads to increase efficiency of healthcare deliverables.
With extensive experience in managing multi-client or dedicated warehousing facilities, our Healthcare customers comprises:
- Medical Diagnostics and Equipment
- Nutritional and Health Supplements
- Hospital Supplies and Procurement Logistics
DB Schenker offers a fully integrated Healthcare Logistics services includes:
- Providing warehousing & all value-added services related to logistics & distribution
- Focus on full spectrum of Healthcare from international handling (from supplier/ manufacturing) to domestic stringent storage needs such as various types of re-dressing/ re-labeling as well as point to point distribution to hospitals/ patients for drug/ services administration
- Our solutions also includes procurement sourcing logistics, production supply logistics, laboratory logistics, cold chain management, finished goods distribution, after-sales services & supply chain logistics
- Ability to fulfill customer’s unique demands such as Cold Chain Management (ambient, chilled & or frozen) and Dangerous Goods logistics & distribution
- SchenkerHIMS (Hospital Inventory Management System) for complete visibility and order management at the ward level for Hospitals.
To maintain the highest standard of services offered to our Healthcare & Pharmaceutical customers, DB Schenker constantly seek to improve our standards and in compliance with regulatory from local state health departments to ensure our warehousing are certified and staff are well-trained accordingly. In addition, DB Schenker owns strong advanced IT software which enable us to offer competitive Vendor Management Inventory (VMI) mapping and interface with customer’s internal IT system in an efficiency and effective manner.
Key value-added qualifications in differentiating DB Schenker from others, in delighting our Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals customers, include:
- Throughout Asia Pacific (12 countries), our warehousing are accredited with Quality Award ISO 9001:9002, Environmental Safety Award ISO 14001 and TAPA-certified through Asia Pacific
- In Singapore, DB Schenker is the first Logistics Service Provider to be awarded Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and also certified importer to Good Distribution Practice for Medical Devices (GDPMDS ISO 13485)
- Globally, DB Schenker is one of selected few partners recognized as a Qualified Envirotainer Provider (QEP) gives us the flexibility of speed and economic of scale to handle large cold chain cargo via air.
- Working closely with various authorities to ensure Food & Drug Administration (FDA) & Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliance are aligned with our Healthcare & Pharmaceutical customers.
Last modified: 05.01.2016